Christmas is fast approaching and I plan to post as much as I can this festive season. So, during this time of year I like to do certain things to feel in the festive mood, during winter. Here are 7 things I like to do at this time of year. Let me know what you like doing this time of year on twitter -Lifeasshanx
- Go play in the snow If it snows where you live, carve an afternoon in the snow! Snow is not just fun for kids, so you adults can get involved with making that massive snowman and don’t forget to join the kids on the floor, to make snow angels.
- Roast Chestnuts Turns out, you can actually roast chestnuts this Christmas, not just sing about them when ‘The Christmas Song’ comes on. Toast them over an open fire, if you have one, just like in the song. But you can also bake them in a normal oven.
- Bake Mince Pies I personally don’t like mince pies, but my family does and they leave the house smelling like Christmas, with all them spices around your house, you’ll feel like you’re walking into Mrs.Claus’ house when you get home from work or school! The whole ‘baking’ of the mince pies makes me feel very festive and they’re so easy to bake!
- Christmas Music Put the Christmas music on, loud. Get your spotify playlist full of your favourite Christmas tunes ready or get that Christmas album out, have it on in the background or listen on the way to work in your car. Christmas music makes me so happy, listening to it makes me grin, like the Grinch.
- Those Classic Christmas Movies Snuggle up on the couch or in bed, with your festive treats and watch your favourite Christmas movies. My favourites are ‘Elf’ ,‘How the Grinch stole Christmas’ and ‘It’s a wonderful life’.
- Decorate! This is far one of my favourite things to do, as soon as November hits, I am itching to put up my Christmas decorations. I manage to resist for a couple weeks before I can’t take it any longer. Even if you live with people, at least decorate your room. It’s a no-brainer to get you in the festive mood.
- Do DIYS I love doing DIYS during holidays. Use things around your house to create a winter wonderland. Melt down old candles with festive coloured crayons and place them in jars to burn. You can buy wicks on eBay for cheap. Glitter and card are always good things to use during DIYS.