So this week I decided to do a little cooking. I love cooking and coming up with new things and I’d never tried to make Rainbow cupcakes. So I decided to, I put a recipe together and they turnt out amazing! They are so Fun ,Easy and Quick to make. So I thought i’d share my recipe and method with you all. I hope you enjoy making them and eating them as much as I did 🙂
https://twitter.com/LifeAsShanx CHECK OUT MY TWITTER AND FOLLOW SO YOU CAN KEEP UP TO DATE WITH MY BLOG POSTS :).
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 6. Makes Around: 12/13 Cupcakes
- 200g Flour
- 200g Sugar
- 200g Butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- Red, Blue, Purple, Green Food Colouring
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
Method I Used:
1. Cream together the butter and sugar in the large bowl. In the median bowl place the egg whites and place the egg yolks in a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, leave to one side.
2. In the large bowl, sieve in the flour and baking powder into the creamed butter, add the egg whites and yolk and continue to whisk into smooth batter.
3, Separate the cake batter into 4 small bowls . Add the food colouring to each. E.G Red to one batter, Blue to another and so on. Mix each colour in till you have a Blue, Red , Purple and Green cake batter.
4. Place muffin cases into muffin tin. Starting with the red add a teaspoon to the bottom of the cake case, smooth out and then add the Green on top, smooth out and repeat with all colours. The batter should only come half way up the muffin tin otherwise it will spill over while cooking in the oven. Use a toothpick to swirl each the cupcakes a little.
5. Place in the oven for around 20 minutes. You will know when they are done when they are light brown op, spring back when touched and when pierced toothpick should come out clean.
6. After they are cooked. place into a cooling rack. I just used a basic buttercream to decorate my rainbow cupcakes.
Store in a air tight container for 5 Days.
I hope you try out these rainbow cupcakes. Show me your recreations with the Hashtag #Lifeasshanrecipes on instragrams and twitter! My username for instragram and twitter is @lifeasshanx
Comment below any requests and ideas for future blogs.